Trademarks & Copyrights
Date of Last Revision: August 1, 2017
Guidelines for Using ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Trademarks and Copyrights
These guidelines are for ionXtra® Cosmetics™ licensees, authorised resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their websites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the ionXtra®, ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of our company may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ trademarks may be prohibited unless expressly authorised.
If you are a licensee of an ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are an ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Authorized Reseller or member of an ionXtra® Cosmetics™ program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Kent Holdings Limited’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Kent Holdings Limited is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Kent Holdings Limited’s rights in the trademark, including challenging the company’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Kent Holdings Limited. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your ionXtra® Cosmetics™ importer, Distributor, representative or submit your query to Kent Holdings Limited’s Send Mail.
Authorised Use of ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Kent Holdings Limited and its authorised resellers and licensees may use the ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorised parties may use the ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Logo only as specified in their agreement with Kent Holdings Limited and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorised by their contract with Kent Holdings Limited. For example:
- Authorized Reseller
- Authorised Value Added Reseller
- Authorised Service Provider
- Authorized Wholesaler
2. Compatibility: Developers may use ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ word mark (but not the ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Logo or other Kent Holdings Limited-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced ionXtra® Cosmetics™ product or ionXtra® technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “powered by,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
c. The ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The product is, in fact, compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced ionXtra® Cosmetics™ product.
e. The reference to ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Kent Holdings Limited or Kent Holdings Limited products or services.
f. The use does not show Kent Holdings Limited or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Users, distributors.
b. The use reflects favourably on both Kent Holdings Limited and Kent Holdings Limited products or technology.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ logo or any other Kent Holdings Limited-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Kent Holdings Limited.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by ionXtra® Cosmetics™, similar to the following, is included in the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorised, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Kent Holdings Limited.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Kent Holdings Limited’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an ionXtra® Cosmetics™ product or ionXtra® Technology may use the appropriate ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
5. ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Web Badge Licensing Program: Web sites may use one of the ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Web Badges if the site uses or was created using ionXtra®-branded cosmetics and you comply with the terms of the ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Web Badges License Agreement and Guidelines. For more information see ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Web Badges.
Unauthorised Use of Kent Holdings Limited Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, ionXtra®, ionXtra® Cosmetics™, ionXtra® Derm™, or any other Kent Holdings Limited trademark, including Kent Holdings Limited-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Logo and Kent Holdings Limited-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Logo or any other Kent Holdings Limited-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with websites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Kent Holdings Limited, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use a variation of the ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ trademark for any purpose. For example: Not acceptable: AkkuFreshness AkkuFresh Cart AkkuFreshMart
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Kent Holdings Limited trademark or any other Kent Holdings Limited-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Logo or any other Kent Holdings Limited-owned graphic symbol trademark, including Kent Holdings Limited-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply ionXtra® and ionXtra® Cosmetics™’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing ionXtra®, ionXtra® Cosmetics™, ionXtra® Derm™, or any other Kent Holdings Limited trademark, including Kent Holdings Limited-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Kent Holdings Limited.
7. ionXtra® Cosmetics™’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive ionXtra® Cosmetics™ packaging, website design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an ionXtra® Cosmetics™ slogan or tagline.
For example: “Do more...with us the fun never ends.”
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical ionXtra®, and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “powerionxtracosmetics.com” “akkufreshshop.com” “ionxtraionxtracosmetics.com” “akkufreshionxtra.com”
The ionXtra® Trademark
1. You may not use the ionXtra® trademark standing alone except to denote or refer to the Kent Holdings Limited ionXtra® product line.
2. You may use “ionXtra®” in your product name, company name, trade name, or service name provided your name satisfies the following criteria:
a. “ionXtra®” does not appear more prominently than the rest of the name in size, colour, or typeface.
b. Your name does not suggest a false association with ionXtra® Cosmetics™ or/and Kent Holdings Limited.
c. Your name is not confusingly similar to any trademark owned or used by Kent Holdings Limited.
d. You acknowledge that Kent Holdings Limited is the sole owner of the “ionXtra®” trademark and that you will not interfere with Kent Holdings Limited’s use or registration of “ionXtra®” alone or in combination with other words.
e. If you are an ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Authorized Reseller or member of an ionXtra® Cosmetics™distribution program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Rules for Proper Use of Kent Holdings Limited Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I bought two ionXtra® Cosmetics™ product.
Not Correct: I bought two AkkuFreshness.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that.
4. Always spell and capitalise Kent Holdings Limited’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the ionXtra® Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate ionXtra® product names. Do not make up names that contain ionXtra®, and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within South Korea Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in South Korea, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the AkkuFresh trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Refer to the ionXtra® Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, the spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the ionXtra®, and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Logo, where the logo appears at the right foot).
c. Include an attribution of Kent Holdings Limited’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Kent Holdings Limited.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Kent Holdings Limited.
2. Distribution Outside South Korea:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the South Korea.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Kent Holdings Limited, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Kent Holdings Limited.
Depictions of ionXtra® Cosmetics™ Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: Kent Holdings Limited does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of ionXtra® Cosmetics™ products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Kent Holdings Limited endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of an ionXtra® Cosmetics™ product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the ionXtra® Cosmetics™ product or ionXtra® technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is, in fact, compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced ionXtra® Cosmetics™ product.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine ionXtra® Cosmetics™ product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Kent Holdings Limited before using any photograph owned or licensed by Kent Holdings Limited).
c. The ionXtra® Cosmetics™ product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favourably on the ionXtra® Cosmetics™ products and on Kent Holdings Limited.
d. The reference to ionXtra®, and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Kent Holdings Limited or ionXtra® Cosmetics™ products.
For further information with respect to Kent Holdings Limited’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the Copyright Team.
Any Use of This Site Content is Strictly Prohibited.
ionXtra®, and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ name and ionXtra®, and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ logo are registered trademarks of Kent Holding Ltd. ionXtra® Power™ and ionXtra® Power™ logo, “Do more…with us the fun never ends™” are trade names of Kent Holdings Ltd. ionXtra®, and ionXtra® Cosmetics™ name and logo are registered trademarks of Kent Holdings Ltd. © 2003 - 2017 Kent Holdings Ltd. All worldwide rights reserved. All other brand names are registered trademarks and the properties of their respective owners.
Kent Holdings Ltd. reserves the right to modify, change the product design, aspect, packaging, size, logo, colour, dimensions without prior notification. Photos are not contractual and can be modified without prior notification.
If you spot any errors in the translations we have prepared or would like to give feedback on the website in any way, please browse to our Contact Us page.
Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Our company shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
The information contained in this website is subject to change without notice.
Copyright© 2003-2017 Kent Holdings Limited All rights reserved.